Discipling Our Students
Whilst our students stay with us for the first 3 months of the programme, we have morning Bible studies and prayer. This always really inspires our students to do their own 'deeper' Bible studies when they leave us to go to university. There are always several wide-ranging questions that our students have, usually based on previous church experiences or commonly-held misunderstandings. It is our joy to help our students understand the Bible better, and those moments where we see their eyes light up upon understanding something for the first time is really what it's all about.
We provide Christian mentorship to our students throughout the programme. Our students are mentored in personal growth, career development and applying Christian teachings to daily life situations. Crucially, mentoring continues while our students are at university.
The aims of our mentoring sessions are:
- Empowerment (to encourage and motivate our students, increase their confidence, and help them build up the determination, perserverance and other necessary attributes to be successful)
- Personal Mentorship (to mentor our students in how to use the Bible to respond to issues or circumstances they experience)
- Personal Development (to provide personal feedback to students on progress, to answer any questions or concerns relating to their studies or the programme, and to help students realise the importance of applying their learning in order to be successful)
- Learning (to review the understanding of our extra-curricular courses and to help fill in any knowledge gaps)
- Career Development (to help our students make sound university course choices and guide them in career development opportunities, especially their internships and personal projects with us)
Our Fellowship Groups are specially-designed sessions that aim to guide our students in the way of the Bible as they face some of the common pressures and challenges associated with being a young adult in Kenya. They ultimately encourage and equip our students to develop into mature and principled young adults.
Some of our discussion topics include:
- Modern-Day Idolatry (Hebrews 12:1)
- Stewardship and Taking Initiative (Colossians 3:23)
- Eliminating Anxiety (Matthew 6:34)
- Living with Integrity (Matthew 5:37)
- Erradicating Self-Centredness (Philippians 2:3-4)
- Delighting in the Lord (James 4:3)
- Countering Corruption (Exodus 23:8)
- Being Humble (James 4:6)